Conference: Obstetrical and Neonatal Care Coordination Related to Infectious Diseases in Pregnancy
On January 22 – 23, 2018, the Texas Collaborative for Healthy Mothers and Babies (TCHMB) facilitated a two-day conference at the AT&T Conference Center in Austin, Texas. The conference was titled: “Obstetrical and Neonatal Care Coordination Related to Infectious Diseases in Pregnancy." Top clinical and social services experts from around the state worked to identify gaps, best practices, and opportunities within the current system.
Presentations available to download:
- Zika in Texas - Jennifer Shuford, MD, MPH, DSHS
- Zika-Associated Birth Defects Surveillance: Texas, 2016-2017 - Noemi Hall, PhD, DSHS
- Epidemiology of Zika - Linda Gaul, PhD, DSHS
- Implementing CDC Guidelines in Texas - Catherine Eppes, MD, Baylor College of Medicine
- From Epidemiology to Clinical Care for Zika Coordination - Imelda Garcia, MPH; Jennifer Shuford, MD, MPH, DSHS;
- From Epidemiology to Clinical Care for Zika Coordination - Michael Speer, MD, Baylor College of Medicine
- Care Coordination and Zika Care Connect - Catherine Eppes, MD, Baylor College of Medicine/Co-Chair
TCHMB Data Subcommittee; Sharyn Malatok, MPA, March of Dimes
- Care Coordination Utilizing Community-Based Navigators - Natalie Furdek, M.Ed., LPC, DSHS
- Overview of Texas Collaborative for Healthy Mothers & Babies - David Lakey, MD
- 85th Legislative Session Update - Lesley French Henneke
The morning portion of the first day of the conference is now available on video for those interested in viewing. To view specific presentations and panels, click on the links below:
(0:08) Welcome by David Lakey, MD, UT System Office of Population Health
PANEL: Current Epidemiology of Zika
(4:01) Current Zika cases by type and route of transmission – Jennifer Shuford, MD, MPH, DSHS
(12:14) Zika-related newborn outcomes - Noemi Hall, PhD, DSHS
(20:37) Epidemiologic experience of Zika – Linda Gaul, PhD, MPH, DSHS
PANEL: From Epidemiology to Clinical Care for Zika Coordination
(1:22:10) Imelda Garcia, MPH, DSHS, & Jennifer Shuford, MD, MPH, DSHS
(1:42:25) Michael Speer, MD, Baylor College of Medicine
PANEL: Care Coordination Process – Practical Application
(2:13:02) Catherine Eppes, MD, Baylor College of Medicine / Co-Chair TCHMB Data Subcommittee; Ryan Loftin, MD, Driscoll Health System; Luis A. Castagnini, MD, MPH, CHRISTUS Health. Panel Moderator: David Lakey, MD, UT System Office of Population Health
Funder: Partially funded by the Texas Department of State Health Services
Hosts: Driscoll Health System, Texas Children’s Health, March of Dimes, CHRISTUS Health, Texas Hospital Association, St. David’s Foundation, TMF Health Quality Institute
Parking: Park in the AT&T Center garage, which can be accessed on the North side of the building, on 20th Street. Bring your parking ticket in with you and we will provide a second parking ticket that will pay for your day parking.
CME – CNE Information
Texas Children’s Hospital is accredited by Texas Medical Association to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
Texas Children’s Hospital designates this live activity for a maximum of 14.75 AMA PRA Category 1 Credit(s)TM. Physicians should claim only the credit commensurate with the extent of their participation in the activity.
This Continuing Nursing Education Activity awards 14.75 contact hours for registered nurses.
Texas Children’s Hospital is an approved provider of continuing nursing education by the Texas Nurses Association – Approver, an accredited approver with distinction by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.
Participants must have attended either one complete day or both days to apply for credit.